After the boxes are unpacked and the furniture is in place, it’s time to start making your new house a home. But where do you begin? This checklist of the first things you should do after moving into a new home will help you get started on making your house a comfortable and inviting space. From changing the locks to deep cleaning and everything in between, Packers and movers in Jaipur will help you tick off everything you need to do to settle into your new home sweet home.
First thing you should do after settling in
After you’ve moved into your new place and unpacked all of your belongings, it’s time to start settling in. Here’s a checklist of the first things you should do after moving in:
- Change the locks on all of your doors. This is for your safety and security, and it’s something that you should do as soon as possible after moving in.
- Get to know your new neighbors. Introduce yourself and exchange contact information so that you can keep in touch. It’s always good to have friendly neighbors!
- Familiarize yourself with your new surroundings. Explore your neighborhood and get to know the lay of the land. This will help you feel more comfortable in your new home.
- Make sure all of your utilities are set up and working properly. This includes electricity, gas, water, trash service, etc. You don’t want to be without any of these essentials!
- Unpack everything and get settled into your new space. This is the fun part! Take your time and make sure everything has a place before you start using it. This will help you stay organized and avoid cluttered living quarters.
Check the gas, water, and electricity
After you’ve moved all your belongings into your new home, it’s time to start making it feel like home. One of the first things you should do is make sure the utilities are up and running. Here’s a checklist of the things you need to do to get the gas, water, and electricity turned on in your new home:
- Contact your local utility companies. You’ll need to provide them with your new address and some basic information about yourself so they can set up an account for you.
- Once your account is set up, you’ll need to schedule a time for someone to come out and turn on the utilities at your new home. This is usually done during business hours, so be sure to schedule accordingly.
- In some cases, you may need to pay a deposit before the utilities can be turned on. This is typically only required if you’re setting up service for the first time or if you have poor credit history.
- Once the utilities are turned on, be sure to test them out to make sure everything is working properly. Gas leaks can be dangerous, so it’s always a good idea to check for any signs of a leak before using any appliances that use gas (such as a stove or oven).
If you’re moving into a new home, one of the first things you should do is change the locks. This will help to keep your family safe and secure in your new home. Here’s a checklist of what you’ll need to do to change the locks:
- Gather all of the keys for the doors that you need to change the locks on.
- Find a locksmith in your area that can come and change the locks for you.
- Make sure to get new keys made for all of the members of your family.
- Once the locks are changed, be sure to keep all of the old keys in a safe place so that you can return them to the previous owner if necessary.
Contact your insurance company
If you’re like most people, you’re probably not looking forward to dealing with your insurance company. But it’s important to contact them as soon as possible after moving into your new home. Here’s why:
Your insurance company needs to know your new address so that they can send you a new insurance policy. If you don’t contact them, you could end up being uninsured.
Your insurance company will also need to know your new phone number and email address so they can reach you in case of an emergency.
It’s a good idea to review your coverage with your insurance company after moving. You may need to adjust your coverage levels depending on the value of your new home and possessions.
Finally, make sure to let your insurance company know if you’re planning on making any major changes to your home, like renovating or adding a pool. These changes could affect your coverage and premium rates.
Check your mail and deal with any deliveries
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of mail that will start coming to your new home as soon as you move in. Be sure to check your mail regularly and deal with any deliveries that come in.
It’s also a good idea to set up a forwarding address with the post office so that you can still get your mail even if you move again.
Update emergency contacts
If you’ve just moved into a new home, the first thing you should do is update your emergency contacts. This includes your family, friends, and neighbors. Let them know your new address and phone number in case of an emergency.
It’s also a good idea to update your contact information with your local police and fire department. They may need to get in touch with you in an emergency situation.
And finally, don’t forget to update your insurance policy with your new address. This way, if something happens at your new home, you’ll be covered.
Once you’ve moved into your new home, there are a few things you’ll need to do to get settled in. This checklist will help you make sure you’ve taken care of everything so that you can start enjoying your new home. From setting up utilities to unpacking boxes, Packers and movers in Goa has everything you need to do to get settled into your new place.