You are what you eat
As the name suggests, it is associated with food and the poison (unhealthy ways) you consume. Today we will learn about health issues related to our guts and how long does food poisoning last? Our body gets nutrients through the stomach, it is important to keep your stomach healthy and happy.
But first let’s understand what is Food poisoning? To get an idea about how long does food poisoning last?
Good food, Good mood
Food still sits on the throne of Basic necessities of Living beings. You can live without your phone, internet, electricity and friends but if your stomach is empty and energy is gone, how will you survive? You won’t.
Food intake is essential for every being to get energy and a healthy body for survival in this world. Civilizations came into existence because of Food.
You see what you know, you do what you think, and you are what you eat. Eating unhealthy food will give you diseases and an unstable body while good and healthy food will give you physical, mental, psychological and spiritual stability.
But how long does food poisoning last? Well we still have a long way to go, you need to start with understanding this concept.
Unhealthy Food = Poison
When we see or hear the word ‘Poison’, the first thing that comes to our mind is “Death” but it is more than that. A poison reacts in a way that can affect an organism –
Physically (Body impairment and Death),
Mentally (Unstable mental state)
and Psychologically (Addiction, nightmare & phobias in mind)
Poison is not only made for sudden death but slow death too.
Slow death is more painful as we feel it constantly and wake up with health issues every morning.
Nowadays no one is living in a perfect body. From a newborn to a fully grown adult, everyone is consuming poison in several ways unintentionally such as :
- By Food : Food which is cooked in unsaturated fats, spices, frozen food with 0 nutritional value, sugar, carbonated drinks, cold food, microwaved remaining food of last night, excessive use of protein intake for muscle building, unhygienic meat intake (Don’t tell me you are still not afraid of consuming unhygienic animal body parts even after living isolated in your house for two years?), fish from the ocean full of man made micro plastic, adulterated dairy products made by torturing animals. The definition of Poison is a whole book in itself.
- By Breath : Air pollution, Smoking, Hours of wearing face masks that affect our inhaling system.
- Overdose : Overdose of medicines or taking them without any prescription or guidance from a doctor causes side effects in your body.
- Consumer Products : The products related to the fashion industry are giving you a real slow death and you are still applying those foundations on your face. The chemical substances used in making your bronzer, face powder, lipstick can cause cancer related disease in your body. These harmful chemicals are giving you beauty but at the cost of your health and life of innocent animals who have died during beauty product tests.
- Poison from venomous beings : If a venomous spider, snake or any reptile bites you, then you are likely to see night in day. The only cure is to take patients to hospital or a doctor available near your location to slow down the effect.
- Rabies : A bite from a rabid animal will affect your nervous system and death if not prevented on time.
- Alcohol & Drug consumption : The Addiction level of consuming alcohol and drugs is enough to explain how much these things affect your health. A person with a high level of addiction loses control of their body and mind which is equal to death. If you can’t live a healthy life, all money, relationships, resources, and a beautiful house will go in vain.
Environment is food for the body : Just like your mouth, your skin too consumes food in the form of vitamin D from sunlight, oxygen from air ;your eyes need to see greenery & scenery from trees, rain, animals & flowers ; your ears need to listen positive sounds and you heart needs to be in company of wise people.
How long does Food poisoning last? Let’s find out.
Food can’t make you sick but the thing is, if you eat the evil version of that food, then it is a big problem.
There are various causes of food poisoning in your gut as mentioned below :
- Contaminated water
- Dirty hands
- Food without a cover lid being infected by flies.
- Unpasteurized dairy products
- Food consumption unsuitable to a specific individual
- Individual with food allergies eating wrong food
- Unhygienic ways to make food
- Eating food from outside, where the kitchen is located near open gutters, dust and garbage.
- Food grown with insecticides.
- Food injected with chemical for rapid growth
- Excessive spices
- Unsaturated fats
- Expired food products
- Zero nutritional value food
- Spoiled food
- Poorly cooked raw food
- Frozen food
- Daily intake of junk food
- Vomiting, greenish puke
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea
- Abdominal cramps
- Cold fever
For more blogs: Frencewives
Types of Food Poisoning
Now this is the answer toHow long does Food poisoning last?
- Salmonella : Lasts from 6 hours to 6 days.
- Staphylococcus Aureus : Lasts from 30 Minutes to 8 hours.
- Norovirus : Lasts from 12 to 48 hours.
- E. Coli : Lasts from 5 to 10 days.
- Listeria : Lasts at least 2 weeks.
Prevention is better than cure
- Wash your hands before and after eating food and using the washroom.
- Always clean your kitchen utensils and sink after eating food, never leave your utensils unwashed especially at night.
- Keep vegetables and meat separate.
- Schedule your diet plan which consists of daily nutritional intake.
- Never eat spoiled food.
- Refrigerate the food.
- Never waste food.
- Know your body, always go for a monthly full body check to prevent any disease build up.
- Check the expiration date of your food product.
- If you feel any symptoms related to food poisoning mentioned above, go to the doctor.
- Always use a sanitised washroom.